Summary: Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in the home setting and by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs and documents focused assessments.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Performs wound care.
- Records food and fluid intake and output.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions and notifies supervisor and/or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and notes time and amount in patients' charts.
- Confers with health team members, individually and in conference to exchange, discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and delivers to laboratory.
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients with ambulation and range of motion.
- Frequent daily travel and possible overnight travel required. On call may be required.
Oklahoma LPN license required