Summary: Assists patients and their families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works in close collaboration with physicians and other health care personnel in patient evaluation and treatment to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying patient's health problem.
• Helps patient and family through individual or group conferences to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations.
• Provides service planned to restore patient to optimum social and health adjustment within patient's capacity.
• Utilizes community resources to assist patient to resume life in community or to learn to live within limits of disability.
• Prepares patient histories, service plans, and reports.
• Participates in planning for improving health services by interpreting social factors pertinent to development of program.
• Will review and cosign documentation for Medical Social Worker Assistant as required .
• Frequent daily travel and possible overnight travel required.
Masters degree in Social Work required