Summary: Administers physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to Physical Therapist, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, hot and cold packs.
• Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
• Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
• Adjusts and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers and wheelchairs.
• Confers with health team members, individually and in conference to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs.
• Provides orientation for new Physical Therapist Assistants.
• Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
• Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
• Frequent daily travel and possible overnight travel required.
Physical Therapy Assistant license required