Summary: Responsible for scheduling visits, compiles and maintains medical records of patients of health care delivery system to document patient condition and treatment by performing the following duties and other administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Schedules appointments into computerized schedule.
• Audits incomplete records and reports delinquencies.
• Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a response by medical personnel.
• Reviews medical records for completeness and accuracy of documentation according to specified standards.
• Monitors completion of medical records in accordance with time standards.
• Audits incomplete records and prepares reports on delinquencies.
• Confers with healthcare personnel to assure complete, current, and accurate medical records.
• Compiles, maintains, and reviews logs, reports, and statistical records, and researches records to locate health data as requested.
• Prepares input for computerized medical information systems and for processing vital statistics, insurance, and other forms and documents.
• Travel including overnight travel may be required.